Celebrate the Holidays with Tea

http://www.arborteas.com/teablog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/holidays_web.jpg
Celebrate the Holidays with Tea

The holidays are a great time to thank those around us for all that they do to make our lives better. It is also a great time to initiate those random acts of kindness that many of us want to do, but often find ourselves too busy to execute. One of my favorite random acts of kindness is to pay for the person behind me in line (think cafĂ©, movie theater, drive-through, etc.). Not something that I do every day, but certainly a surprise worth doing every so often! When writing a blog post for Arbor Teas I wondered, “What can I do with tea to celebrate the holidays?” Obviously, I can give Arbor Teas as a healthy, socially conscious gift. But what else can I do with tea during these cold months to celebrate those strangers and loved ones that fill my life?

Here are a few simple ideas that I hope to do this holiday season:
  1. Give a cup (or two) of hot tea to my postman, who always looks chilly on these winter days.
  2. Boil a mixture of water and holiday spice black tea in a pot on my stovetop to infuse my home (and family!) with its festive holiday scent.
  3. Use tea in one of my favorite holiday recipes to “spice it up” and then maybe bring it to work to share with my co-workers. For a great example, try From the Kitchen of Olivia’s masala chai tea scones (yum!).
  4. Host a holiday tea for my family and friends. A tea during the hustle and bustle of the holidays is a perfect excuse to slow down, take a breather, and enjoy the season! Because evenings are generally committed to the typical host of social gatherings at this time of year, mornings often work well for a holiday tea. I plan to keep my menu simple and fill it with items that can be prepared in advance, so I have a chance to slow down and enjoy the tea, too. Menu: Cheesy egg bake (veggie and meat options); scones (perfect timing Olivia!); bread, butter and my mom’s homemade strawberry jam; Sweet cakes and breads (lemon poppyseed is a favorite!); and of course, our Holiday Spice Black Tea.

From: http://www.arborteas.com/teablog/category/tea-fun/

Celebrate the Holidays with Tea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, please feel free to share your comment here.
For example: Which pictures is the best?

Thanks,
Admin